Wednesday, March 24, 2010

movements!

So, last week, I was taking my normal after-school nap and as I was dozing off, I was awakened by a sudden jolt inside of my abdomen. It scared me to death! I jumped, grabbed my side, and then realized that it must have been a kick! I know it's earlier than most people feel a kick, but I seem to be showing earlier than I should be too. A week later, Lee and I were getting ready for our afternoon nap on Sunday and I felt like a butterfly got turned loose and was fighting to get out of my stomach. I have felt it everyday since Sunday and it's just the best. Yesterday, while teaching my Spanish I class, I found it hard to concentrate enough to teach because I didn't want to miss a single motion. (It seriously felt like a propellar in my stomach)

My appointment last week was great! It was so good to see my OB (who is a great friend of ours) and everything looked great! I have only gained 1 pound (which according to my scales this morning, has since been lost again) and the heartrate was solid between 150-160. I go back the week after Spring Break for my next checkup and then I'll get my orders for my next ultrasound (the gender one!!)

I'm feeling especially ginormous. I have friends that are due before me that can still button their pants and I've been in maternity clothes for 3 weeks now. (Makes me feel especially huge) My acne is still holding on, but I have a good feeling that it's about to turn a corner. My need to nap still hasn't let up, but I had that need before I got pregnant, so maybe it's just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment