Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday Night Lights

It's a Friday night in the Fall. Tonight, the school where I teach is playing our only in-county rivalry in football. (Of which we won 54-0) It is also senior night. Many of my sweet students looked at me and said "Mrs. Boso, are you coming tonight?" My answer was "no". This is a multi-reasoned "no":

1) Lee is attending his annual version of jock-fest and soaking up as much of WV high school soccer as possible. Our NCHS boys haven't made it to the state tournament yet, but Lee never misses it. Tonight, he had a blast while sitting with his biggest rivalry's coach and watching the team that kicked our whole region's tail advance to the state championship. (Good luck, Pikeview! Make our region proud!) With that said, I am home with my favorite 3 year old. My students begged me to bring her. In 32 degree weather. That would totally increase my chances of mother-of-the-year. (I would hate for it to be outdone by our incredibly nutritious dinner made for us this evening by Chef Boyardee.)

2) After the miscarriage and all that entailed, this was my first 5-day work week in a long time. I am pooped. As 3:20 mark approached, I began to nearly get giddy in my seat. Maybe that's why I work well with teenagers: because I still act like one. I needed the weekend and I needed it now. I seriously ran home and put on my favorite candy cane pajama pants and reheated leftovers for dinner. I needed the curtains to be pulled at 4:30 and to be securely in my happy family bubble. (That's a lot of "needs". It shows my desperation for the weekend)

So, I love my students and the school where I work. But today, my needed to keep my daughter out of freezing temperatures and my need to be an extreme social hermit won out.


Don't be alarmed by my classy snack and clean eating (literally). I'm watching Julie and Julia, which is a movie about fancy cooking. It totally balances out to be basic middle-class cooking. 

1 comment:

  1. Pepperoni + Ritz + cheese is my favorite snack! And being a hermit is my favorite pastime. Your Friday sounds like it was perfect!

    ReplyDelete