Tuesday, June 16, 2015

It Has Been a Whole Deal, Y'all.


This weekend, I was at Camp Cowen (Woot!) when a counselor told me, "You should start a blog!". I am a blog neglector. It is true. My last post was a week before I returned from maternity leave and have basically been in the fire ever since. Seeing that I can't catch you up on every detail, I have decided to go through my phone and let my photo stream tell you about the last 6 months of my life.
One snowy evening, Nina was running into dinner and fell. As she was falling, her mouth caught the corner of a shelf and popped out 4 teeth. She was a trooper even though I still have PTSD.
Lee's dad was appointed a state senator by the WV governor. Lee and I then peppered his office with post-it's. It's what we do. 

My little who is never sick got the flu. The rest of us dodged that bullet. 
Brooks started cereal. Food. Is. His. Favorite. 
Valentine's Day changes when you're a parent. Lee nor I have ever been huge Valentine's fans. This year, we did a soup and movie night. Obviously Brooks enjoyed himself. 
Lee went to Bolivia to visit our sweet friends, the Reeds. They're coming Stateside for a year soon. We can't wait!
Boso 4 at Easter. I can't even. 
We took a family trip to NC to visit. I died when I saw how much like a little boy Brooks looks here. Can someone tell me when that happened??
We get to be outside all the time now that Snowmagedon 2015 is over! (Even though I'm currently still in school because of those blasted snow days.)
Nina illustrates her parents' attitudes by drinking her "coffee" straight from the pot. (And she knows that Keurigs don't support the high volume of caffeine that must be consumed. Drip pots: we won't leave you now.)
Nina graduated from preschool. (Even though she will return next year since she's my August 31 baby)
Lee taught me how to use a saws-all to build a fence out of deconstructed pallets. (He did the building. I did the deconstructing. It works better that way.)
He's handsome and handy. Red Green has nothing on him. 
The kiddos are finally able to bathe together. So much faster to give baths. I die. 
My parents have sold the house they have lived in since I was 1. So excited for them to have a new place that doesn't require the steps to do laundry! 
Lee and I are beginning to plan our 10 year anniversary getaway for next year. I determined to look better for that than I did the honeymoon. Then I realized that we're going to the beach next month and I realized how true this currently is: 


Happy summer, y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment