Friday, May 7, 2010

And now we know the rest of the story...

So, on my last post, I expressed my concern over my ginormous size at this stage of the game. Many of my students were predicting that my ultrasound would find two babies, instead of just one. People's eyes would bug out of their head when I told them how far along I was. It was as if they were saying "Wow! You're going to be a hippo by the time this baby arrives!"

So, on Tuesday, the ultrasound came and we found out that we are having a girl! You could have knocked us over with a feather at that news! Her sweet little face was just so precious. As you can see above, she enjoys sucking her thumb (which is what I did until I saw in 2nd grade). Near the end of the ultrasound, I mentioned that many people thought that there were 2 babies in my belly. She said that she was sure there was only 1, but that she was quite a big girl. She went on to say that she's currently weighing 15.2 ounces. At 20 weeks, most babies weigh 10.5 ounces. She's in the 94th percentile for weight. No wonder I'm huge!!

Now that we have a gender, we're ready to start the balls rolling! The registries have started and we're trying to change our pronoun usage from "it" or "he/him" to "she/her". Such an exciting time right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment