Thursday, January 21, 2010

Aversions

So, when I got pregnant, I was prepared for some things to gross me out: raw meat, smells, etc. However, I totally didn't expect my favorite things to have no appeal at all to me. I no longer find any interest in sweets or coffee. (Students used to buy me coffee by the pound because they knew it was my favorite) I mean, Lee and I used to brew a whole twelve-cup pot of coffee every day: half a pot for each of us. Part of me is grateful for this due to the caffeine intake, however part of me misses my old friend! I have a large hope that as soon as delivery is over, someone is standing over me with a big Starbucks black coffee!

Another problem came today at lunch. I packed a lunch that I thought sounded great when I bought it at the store, but after I got it ready to eat today, one bite and I knew I wouldn't finish it. It just smelled and tasted horrible! I'm so upset that the time in my life that I'm most hungry, I can't eat my favorites.

Speaking of hungry, my pants are getting tight. I had 2-3 pair of pants in my closet that I reserved for those days when I felt bloated or anticipated a large meal that day. Those 2-3 pair are now leaving button indentions on my slowly-rounding belly. I ordered BellaBands last night and might just have to hope for snow days and pants where I can do the rubberband trick until then. I'm really excited because I think Lee will be able to tell a difference when he comes home from Africa... until then, I'll be finding ways to avoid buying new clothes for a while!

1 comment:

  1. :) I "craved" frozen fruit bars...the Edy's ones. Don't worry, your aversions will eventually go away, well at least I think they will :). Happy growing. Take pics along the way!

    ReplyDelete