Friday, February 26, 2010

10 weeks

Week 10!! What an eventful week! First, my bump is becoming rather undeniable (Especially after a meal). No clothes work for me: maternity clothes are too big and my pre-pregnancy clothes don't even come close to fitting. Also, my intense hunger that I used to find cute, I just find annoying now. There's no "I'm kinda hungry and maybe should think about eating soon". It's "I feel fine" straight to holding my mouth and running out of my classroom to get sick. Fortunately, there's rarely nausea associated with it, just a hunger that is deeper than I've ever experienced! I know, you're thinking "Well, Carmen, just eat more often". That is easier said than done. I am typically eating every hour and a half and am still staying htat hungry. This was an ability I would have loved to have had normally, however now, I am just tired of eating! Luckily with the snow days, I am staying more rested and grazing most of the day and am feeling better. I think that God had a lot of mercy to schedule my first trimester around snow days!

Since February 2005, I have been lactose intolerant. However, I have had a few friends that were also L. I. and were able to have dairy products again while pregnant! Lee and I decided to give it a try last week (Something I was very nervous to do). And voila! Ice cream here I come!! I couldn't believe it! (And I just finished an awesome bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream)

Tomorrow, I turn 11 weeks... just 2 more weeks until I can let myself relax a little... eventhough I'm told that my worry-free days are officially over with being a mom. My Auntie is in from Seattle and I get to see her tomorrow and it'll be her first glimpse of my bump!

No comments:

Post a Comment